This article will provide a walk through on running the Daily activity report and is a continuation from the reporting article.
Where to find the Daily activity report
This report can be accessed whilst logged in with your user and administration access and is located under the Fleet management section online.
Once selected you will be presented with all of the reports available for selection under this category, for the purpose of this walk through you will be selecting 'Daily activity'.
Running the Daily activity report
When selecting the report you will be presented with the Quartix search screen as shown below.
From here you have the options to run the report across 'All Vehicles/Groups', a specific group or an individual vehicle using the drop down options. You can also set the time period for which the report is run for, accessing up to 12 months worth of data online.
Once you are happy with your search parameters click 'View report' to run the report. This will then populate the data on screen similar to the image below.
The areas this report will cover are shown below in more detail.
- Valid days: This is a valid working day based on set criteria
- Depart home (average): Average Home Departure
- First site arrival (average): Average time of first arrival on site
- Last site departure (average): Average time of latest departure from site
- Return home (average): Average home arrival time
- Time away from home (average): Time away from home location during the day
- Time on site (average): Time on site for the day
- Travel time (average): Average travel time for the day
- Number of site visits (average): Average number of site visits
- Distance (average-miles): Average distance travelled
To gain a better understanding of the this report there are several areas covered which require defining to ensure you are confident on the data being reported. Additional information on these areas is listed below
Valid day: It is important to understand what a valid day is on this report, as this affects how the data is interpreted. A valid day is defined as a day during which at least rules 1, 2, 4 and 5 result in a valid answer and are in increasing order.
1.Departure from home
- Last departure from a Home location before the latest start time and at the same time or before the 'First Arrival at Work'; or
- First departure from Base location before the latest start time and at the same time or before the 'First Arrival at Work'; or
- Latest departure from overnight location before the latest start time and at the same time or before the 'First Arrival at Work' ;or
- Start of first trip of day/shift
2. First arrival at work
- First arrival at Named Site; or
- First arrival at Base location
- First arrival at Base location
- First arrival at any location other than a named site, base location or overnight location where the vehicle is stationary for more than the Site Visit Threshold; or
- End of first trip of day/shift
3. Visits to base
- Time spent at all base locations after first arrival at visited site
4. Last departure from work
- Last departure from visited site after first arrival at visited site; or
- Last departure from base location after first arrival at base location; or
- Start of last trip of day/shift
5. Return home
- First arrival at home location after last departure from visited site; or
- First arrival at home location after last departure from base location; or
- First arrival at overnight location after last departure from visited site; or
- First arrival at overnight location after last departure from base location;or
- End of last trip of day/shift
Extended options - breakdown data by individual days
If you are running the Daily activity report over an extended period of time each vehicle line will return the data based on that period. You can also break each vehicle down by day to gain a greater insight into your vehicles activity.
Clicking on the '+' symbol next to the vehicle registration expands the information for that specific vehicle and displays the figures for each valid day.
When the data is expanded, the '+' symbol will change to a '-' symbol. Clicking on this hides the detailed information for all valid days.
To print the Daily activity report click on the printer icon button from the control panel found on the top bar of the report.
The report will be printed as it is shown online, so if you have expanded any vehicles this will also show on your printed report.
Exporting into Excel
The Daily activity report can also be exported into an Excel spreadsheet. In order to export the data click on the export icon option which is also located in the control panel on the top bar. This is identified by an arrow pointing downwards to a hard drive.
It is important to note that the data that is exported is the average information only for the time period. It will not include the individual days.
When selecting the export option, an Excel document icon will pop up in a bar at the bottom of your screen. The exported document will be available for selection from the bottom left corner. An example of the icon you should expect to see is shown below.
By default, the report will open in Excel in protected view. In order to populate the data and the ability to edit select 'Enable Editing' from the yellow bar. The data can then be reformatted as desired and saved as a spreadsheet.